RYA Dinghy Stage 4
Level 4 is for a more experienced young dinghy sailor who has already completed Stage 3. We also recommended that extra sailing days have been completed as well as RYA levels.
At this level you will be sailing around on your own or with one other student in one of our more advanced dinghies, such as the Hartley 10 or 12.
Gaining this certificate means that you have the skills to sail a double-handed boat as crew or helm, and solve a variety of problems afloat. Passing this course is the natural entry point for the advanced courses.
2 Full Days: Monday and Tuesday or Thursday and Friday 0930 - 1630
RYA Youth Dinghy Sailing Stage 4
Rigging and launching
- Can rig, launch and recover in any wind direction
- Can set up a boat according to weather conditions using sail and rig controls e.g. mast rake, reefing.
- Knows the uses of and can tie: figure of eight, round turn and two half hitches, reef knot, bowline, clove hitch, rolling hitch, sheet bend.
Sailing techniques and manoeuvres
- Can demonstrate: sailing techniques and manoeuvres from stage 3 in a crewed boat
- Communicate effectively as helm and crew
- Effective use of the five essentials by helm and crew afloat including use of tell-tales
- Recovering man overboard
- Returning to a beach, jetty or mooring safely in any wind direction.
- Has knowledge of IRPCS
- Beaufort Scale
- Synoptic charts
- Tidal ebb and flow
- Spring and neap tides
- Knows how to recover from total inversion
- Can apply practical sailing techniques and manoeuvres on tidal waters
- Can apply the IRPCS afloat
- Has basic knowledge of IALA buoyage, how to use tide tables and how to find the direction of tidal streams
2 Full Days
|25th October '21||Fully Booked||£195.00||Unavailable|
|28th October '21||Places Available||£195.00||Book Now|